Celebrating milestones in your life is one of the most joyful and fun moments you can possibly have. Life is for living, and when you achieve something amazing, it’s only natural that you want to celebrate it and share it with the world.
Although in the past year, celebrating has been a difficult business due to the coronavirus pandemic, our world will return to normal soon. When that happens, we all have some catching up to do on the awesome celebrations we missed last year. Once we are released from confinement after the pandemic, there’s no doubt we will be attending events and parties like there’s no tomorrow! No matter what festivities you are throwing, make sure you do it your way!
Read on to find eight examples of key milestones and how to celebrate them in style. Let’s get to it!
1. Your Graduation Announcement
Your college graduation is an achievement that should be shouted from the rooftops; don’t underestimate how proud your friends and family will be! Although many people nowadays just announce their milestones – such as engagements and weddings – on social media, sometimes the old ways are the best. Sending a graduation announcement in the mail is the traditional way to tell your loved ones the good news.
What does a graduation announcement look like? A graduation announcement is a simple card mailed to as many people as you wish, that tells them of your degree qualification and the date you will be graduating. This usually involves a printed picture of you that acts as the backdrop to the announcement. You can find beautiful examples at MagnetStreet graduation announcements! This is the perfect way to kick off your college graduation period in style and let everyone know just how well you have done.
2. Your Engagement
Getting engaged is a day you will remember forever and ever. If you are the one proposing, you might have already planned a surprise celebration that accompanies the engagement; if you’re the one being proposed to, there’s no way to plan this moment that will change your life forever! Celebrating your engagement can take many different forms; let’s take a look at a few options for how to mark this momentous occasion.
- An intimate, romantic dinner. If you and your fiancé are low-key people who don’t like too much fuss, then a romantic dinner just the two of you might be the perfect thing to mark your engagement. A lowkey celebration doesn’t dampen its meaning; in fact, many people prefer to mark their milestones this way!
- An official announcement. Many people still prefer the traditional announcements of engagements in the newspaper – if that’s your thing, go for it! Otherwise, you could mail custom made announcements to friends and family, or even go for the modern way and simply put a picture on Instagram! It’s all down to you and your taste.
- An engagement party. If you want to throw a bash, why second guess yourself? You could host this party at your home, your favourite restaurant or somewhere else entirely. Celebrate exactly how you want – it’s your day.
3. Your Wedding
You’ve celebrated your engagement, now what about the big day? There’s no right or wrong way to get married; you could have yourselves and two witnesses, or an event in which hundreds of people are invited. Here are a couple of tips for creating a wedding that suits your personality as a couple.
- The size of the wedding will affect you on the day. If you are a social person who loves to be surrounded by big crowds, perhaps a big wedding is for you! However, if you are not into huge parties, it can feel easy to be pressured into throwing a big wedding anyway. Resist! If you throw a huge wedding even though you aren’t sure about it, you will likely feel stressed out on the day. Prioritise your enjoyment of the day over pleasing others.
- Invite people as far in advance as possible. Once you are engaged, don’t delay in setting a date and sending your wedding invitations. There’s nothing worse than leaving it too late and receiving lots of apologies from guests who can’t make it. This is particularly important if you are asking guests to travel far for your wedding.
- Simplicity is key. Whether you are considering the design of your invitations, the style of your wedding cake or the layout of the wedding venue, remember that simplicity is key. Don’t overthink it; go with your gut, and you’ll be just fine!
4. Pregnancy Announcements
Having a baby is the biggest milestone a person can hit in their life. Bringing a child into the world is no mean feat, and this occasion deserves apt celebrations to match the gravity of the situation. If you are having a baby with your partner and wish to announce it, there are a few ways you can do this!
- Traditional announcements. It is a good idea to have a traditional announcement printed, not only for your loved ones to enjoy but also to keep. As your child grows up, you’ll want to look back at the memories of the early days, so having a pregnancy announcement as a beautiful keepsake is important.
- Sending and sharing pictures! Of course, in the social media age, announcing your pregnancy can be done with a few taps of your phone. Sharing pictures, particularly once the bump is showing, is a great way to announce this incredible moment in your life.
- Documenting everything. Pregnancy is an amazing time, and it goes by in a flash. Before you know it, the baby will be with you and a new chapter of your life will have begun. Make sure to document all the amazing stages of your pregnancy as part of your baby’s journey into the world! You can later share these pictures in the form of a photo album, or even just keep them to yourself. Either way, these special moments should be captured.
5. A Promotion
Getting a promotion isn’t seen as being as meaningful, say, a wedding or a baby, but it sure deserves some recognition. Working hard at your career and moving up the ranks is proof that all your hours of graft have paid off. You have worked hard all your life and you deserve to celebrate your wins! If you recently received a big promotion at work, you might want to celebrate this with friends and family.
This type of celebration doesn’t necessarily warrant a huge event, but it could be happily marked with a dinner surrounded by loved ones, or even a party at your home. If throwing a big event isn’t your bag, even doing small things like having new business cards printed, with your new title and position, will help you mark your promotion in an official way. A promotion is a huge deal and should be celebrated as such!
6. A Big Birthday
Even though birthdays seem to be less of a big deal as you get older, don’t let them pass you by. Celebrating a big moment such as a 21st, 30th or 40th birthday will help you feel great about getting older when you might be tempted to feel a little blue!
How to celebrate a big birthday? Here are a couple of ways.
- Hiring an event space. Lots of people still throw their birthday parties at home – which can be fun, of course! – but this requires you to assume the role of cleanup crew after the fact. Your birthday should be celebrated in style, and if you’d rather not have to spend the day after your party scrubbing wine out of a couch cushion, you should consider hiring an event space for the party.
- Doing something daring with your pals! There’s nothing like trying something new and exhilarating to make you feel ten years younger. If you are looking for a way to celebrate a birthday with a bang, why not do something epic? This could be anything from skydiving, to scuba diving, horseback riding in the mountains or even getting a tattoo… The world is your oyster, so make the most of it!
- Take a trip! Nothing says relax and party like taking a road trip with your best friends or partner. Go somewhere you’ve always wanted to go, and taste the best parts of life to celebrate this momentous birthday.
If you have missed celebrating the big wins of your life in the last year, you aren’t alone. 2020 was a challenge for us all, but like any dark times in life, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. As you continue to grow and achieve new things in your life, make sure you mark these milestones with awesome celebrations that you’ll never forget. Big or small, wild or lowkey, any celebration of life is worth having.